Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's a dogs life ...


We've all read the articles, and by now understand that it's not really ecologically responsible to keep pets, but when I saw my 77 year old great-uncle running around like a 5 year old, playing with his new Rottweiler puppy Feniks, I like to forget all I've read and conclude that animals can be real life savers.

Is it pure human selfishness? Keeping animals just because they make you feel good, keep you company, guard the house, or help you with things you can't do yourself?




I like to believe we can do just as much for them as the other way around.

Here's a little flower for Ashley from Lucky Dog Rescue Blog.
Annie's story brought tears to my eyes - as I'm sure it did to many others.

Your work is truly inspiring. Don't give up!

***

No comments: