Saturday, January 14, 2012

The highest point of the Netherlands



















What an idea to hike up a mountain in sneakers with absolutely no grip!
Today was not necessarily the best day for it because once I got up there, at 877m above sealevel, I was pretty much caught in the middle of a cloud, but at least I can say that I've done it!

I didn't only leave footprints however ... Somewhere along the trail is a butt-print too :p

Mount Scenery ... Secondary rainforest, fascinating changes in vegetation along the way, beautiful butterflies, bananas, the black eyed Susans (Saba's national flower), and even some raspberry-like berries near the top (which I didn't dare to eat) ...

The focus of the island, according to the brochure I picked up at the tourist bureau, is nature and conservation.
It supports ecosystems of distinctive floristic and structural form and contains a disproportionately large number of the world's endemic and threatened species.

Works for me!

Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments: