Friday, January 20, 2012

So Swedish yet not at all ...













Today is my fourth day on Saint Barts and I'm happy to report my life has turned into one big joyful beach holiday :)
Not even twice the size of Saba but with over 6 times more inhabitants Saint Barts is definitely completely different.
Walking around Gustavia I was amazed by all the Swedish details that remain since they owned the island. They sure know how to leave their mark!

Oh and although recycling is something that Caribbean islands seem to not take part in, I was quite relieved that here they do at least have a proper incineration station (with energy recovery!)
I guess the Dutch government thinks it's ok for a population of 1400 to burn their trash in open air. (Shame on them!)

Can you spot Saba in the distance on the last picture?



Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments: