Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apples, figs, and other rewards


I dread the day we'll have to say goodbye to our little house and move back to an apartment without garden ...
Anyone who has the space should try growing their own food - it's so much fun & so rewarding,
plus I have a theory that people who grow their own veggies actually also eat more healthy too. 
(at least I like to believe that :))

This summer, I've been self-sufficient in home-grown cucumber, parsley, basil & cherry tomatoes 
as well as figs and grapes, and since I've gone completely overboard on pumpkin we won't be eating much else this fall :p (today was pumpkin-pie day!)

We thought the fig season was over actually, but after a couple of sunny days we were rewarded with a surprise harvest :D

Oh and have I ever said how lucky I feel to have access to so many apple trees as a gardener?
My juicer gets to work hard these days - and lemoncurd lovers should try applecurd! It's a whole new level of awesomeness!

No comments: