Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Anamaya Transformations




During the past month I think I've spent more time on a yoga mat than I have in my entire life combined. 

I'm happy I was expecting it to be the most challenging thing I'd ever willingly committed to. 

It was.

Our days at Anamaya started early in the morning, ended pretty late at night and consisted of
meditation, yoga classes, yoga theory, philosophy, anatomy,
unlearning what I previously might have thought was "right",
rebuilding my yoga poses from the ground up,
combined with a large dose of self-discovery,
sprinkled with a more than a dash of homework ...
all building up to our exam class.

Physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually ... it sure was a challenge.
so much so that by the end I wondered if I would ever be able to enjoy yoga again.
(I'm not even kidding!)

2 days and a whole lot of hours of sleep later I find myself energised, inspired, and more than excited to start sharing my newfound understanding of yoga with whoever is curious :)
(I even looked into ordering more books - look at me go!)

I am a certified yoga teacher! 

We did it! The world just received 27 new yoga teachers, ready to spread love and light all across the globe :D




No comments: